1.02.2015

Ripe vs. Cozy

I'd really like to write about how amazing it is to be in Chile during fruit season, I really do!  But it sounds a bit like bragging to someone reading this trying to digest a half ripe cantaloupe for breakfast, or manage to get down a hard bitter red delicious apple.  It would be cruel to go into detail how sugary sweet and perfectly ripe a strawberry can be, or the blood red color of a tomato that also, yes, tastes sweet from perfect ripeness. Melon like candy. Plums you have to eat in one bite, or they'll explode everywhere and drip down your face. 



Yes....I'd love to go into all of this in detail, but then I'm pretty certain my friends living up north will no longer speak to me, because I've been them and felt the strong desire to throw my computer across the room looking at other peoples vacation photos in the month of January while staring out the kitchen window at drifts of snow....lips chapped, toes cold, sitting at the kitchen table in my winter jacket over my pajamas, because the idea of actually taking off layers seems ludicrous...especially when I'm going to have to at some point go out and shovel snow....again!

My heart goes out to my midwest clan today. so, instead, since we always want what we can't have, here's some of the things I will truly feel like I'm missing out on in 2015 while living in....ok, I'll admit, FREAKING PARADISE! :

Sledding 
Hot cocoa
Big pots of Stew
Roasting chicken and veggies in the oven
Watching snow fall
The sound of silence walking thru fresh snow in the city
A big cup of coffee.....I always miss this when I'm in Chile. Dinky cups galore. 
The idea that I could ski or find my skis, it's a concept thing 
Same goes for snow shoeing. 
Taking pictures of trees covered in snow. 
How great it feels to get home inside the door and be instantly warm
Being cozy under loads of blankets reading a book or watching a movie 
A big tall German sized glass of porter 
(You can take the girl out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest out of the girl!)
Hmmmm....coziness. Enjoy it for me will you!  Send me a pic and I'll ponder throwing my iPad across the room in celebration of your awesomeness, how's that?


No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...