5.01.2010

voodoo doll? and TV

All right.  The joke is over.  Whoever has my voodoo doll, you can now stop poking it, throwing it, and now, squeezing all the food out of it!  Seriously....we can all act like adults about this!  It's not funny anymore!
I'm on day 3 of tummy poisoning.  Hopefully, things will get better before our multiple international flights!

The good news is that I'm now almost completely up to date on my cable movie viewing!
The Terminator
Bride Wars
Moulin Rouge
Fast and the Furious
Penelope
and this one horrible comedy with Steve Martin that gets played continually on HBO....
I hate Steve Martin.

I'm also becoming quite educated on the coming prime minister election in Great Britain...I don't have a favorite yet and it doesn't seem like Great Britain does either.  If they had someone running with a resemblence to Hugh Grant, I bet it would all be much easier!

And a note about Asian News Coverage:
Get this!  CNN in Asia?  Not from the US!  It's completely British/Australian/Indian!  Who knew?

What do Laos people like to watch here?
3 channels showing crazy line dancing with skimpy outfits to pop songs
3 channels with a dude crooning about being poor and not being able to afford a girlfriend
10 channels with Thai soap operas - let me explain the 30 minute plot of every episode:

8 women - 1 older dude
women sit around looking serious and crying
man comes in - starts yelling
one women, usually with some fur coat on, starts yelling back
more crying
then there is some serious glaring....
close up on glaring angry man
and...
SLAP!  SLAP!
women falls to the floor
crying..
women crowding around..all crying...
women stands up, yells some more...
SLAP!
more crying.
the end.

I wonder if U.S. soaps are this bad and violent without the talking?
Did I mention we have cable in our hotel room?

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...