5.03.2010

Goodbye rice! Helloooooo cheese and ice cream!!!

In about 2 hours we embark on an Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia!
For anyone traveling within/to Asia, Air Asia is an incredibly kick ass airline!
Once we get to K.L., we've paid $4 each for a round trip Air Asia Bus ticket into downtown, and our second night we'll be testing out the Air Asia Tune Hotel!  Yup...we are all about Air Asia.  It's a no frills airline that does what it says it'll do for cheap!  Love it!!!!



Ok.  Enough advertising.. I LOVE AIR ASIA!!!!

Over my last week in Laos, I pretty much haven't seen or done anything thanks to my tummy, but I do finally feel like I won't leak on myself or others in any form!  What a great thing to be proud of, right?

It's a mixed bag of feelings leaving Laos... and then leaving Asia....sad and happy at the same time.
After three months, so many rivers, oceans, mountains, cliffs....
Scary hotel rooms, creepy crawly bugs,  sun burns....I mean!
Incredible fruits, incredible cultures, incredible friends!
See what I mean?
I guess that's part of travel, the mystery of not knowing what's around the corner until you're in it and then dealing with what you get for good or for bad.  It's certainly exciting!

I'd love to say that I'm soaking in all the great Lao foods and temples right at the last minute here, but nope, we're sitting in the most American-esque coffee shop in town with the free wifi and the perfect a.c. level waiting it out until we leave, dreaming about pizza and steaks and burritos!!  I can't wait!!!!

Now that we're less then a week away from U.S. soil, I have dreams about kissing the airport cement floor on arrival, running to the closest airport pizza or burrito dive and stuffing my face! CHEESE!  I'm in 3 months of withdrawal...that's a lot of non cheese eating to make up for.  Hopefully the cheese gods will somehow forgive me!  I'm also in need of some: Corn tortillas, ice cream, BREAD!  Pasta with italian tomato sauce, chocolate chip cookies, I have to stop there...I'm getting hungry!

What does Rodolfo dream of?
Steak!  Hamburgers!  A great big fresh salad, kalamata olives and about 2 giant tubs of ice cream should get him through the first few hours of arrival.

Don't get me wrong, Lao food is delicious and unique, but I've now eaten enough steamed rice for a life time!
(you can never get enough sticky rice)

2 comments:

Candace said...

If you come by this way we'll make you chocolate chip cookies!

twovols said...

Can't wait to see you guys if you swing by Madison!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...