2.06.2012

Radio Lab

I don't know why or what caused this, but I have just about gotten thru every single episode of Radio Lab.  I absolutely love this show!!!!!

This is a show which dissects some crazy idea...be it....artistic, historic but usually scientific and similar to This American Life, (which I've sadly already heard every single episode in existence) tells different stories about this certain thing.  Back when I was aggressively persuing some form of hobby to be able to obsess over, I spontaneously realized I could download every single episode of this splendid show to my computer for FREE!  (and have been obsessively listening every day since!)

There is nothing more soothing to me now when I have to go to bed ridiculously early to be ready for work the net day then a juicy episode of scientific intrigue while laying in bed with the lights off....if I doze off, I simply catch what I missed the next day, no problem!

Listening to educational radio programs is awesome for someone like me because I tend to always have my hands and mind moving around.  It lets my mind focus and learn about something cool while also utilizing my physical motor skills and keeping my hands busy...cooking, baking, cleaning, organizing....

So...I'm learning new cool stuff and expanding my horizons, I'm getting things done around the house and I'm being physically active!
Plus!  It's not t.v.!  No guilt!  Hurrah!
What am I going to do once there aren't any left?  Bummer.

5 comments:

Candace said...

Dan Savage has a podcast and he just had Ira Glass as a guest host and it was pretty much the best thing ever:

http://www.thestranger.com/SavageLovePodcast/archives/2012/01/31/savage-love-episode-276

Sarah said...

Sweeeeet! Awesomeness! Thanks for the hook up! I do love Dan Savage, but I haven't listened to his podcast forever! Game on!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Do you like Hearing Voices (NPR)? Some of them are pretty interesting. But it's kind of hit and miss, as some of them are kind of boring. But if you haven't listened to them, maybe you should try them. Also, there is one called Selected Shorts (PRI). Or The Moth. I think you MUST already listen to the Moth. Do you listen to StoryCorps (NPR)?

Sarah said...

Swweeeeeet! Thanks for all of the great recommendations!! I'm so happy!!!!!

Cindy said...

I subscribe to the Freakonomics podcast... Those guys are pretty interesting, check it out if you're ever lacking something to listen to!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...