8.20.2009

Preparation, perserverence and all those p's

Leaving for a year....

How do you begin to prepare for that?
Fortunately I have great friends with great ideas!
  • Lots and lots of granola bars, check
  • Special sheet to sleep on for urky looking motels, super check!
  • Tent, got it!
  • Two awesome backpaking bags, done and done
  • I just got my hep A shot #2, so I'm boostered up for life, and! I'll be booking my travel doctor visit shortly!

Now, there's the less precise decision making factors...
  • If we don't know exactly where we are going, how do we know which visas to apply for?
  • Where are we going anyways?
  • What do we desperately need to take with us and what do we not need quite so much?
  • Can teddy come too?
  • Are we talking malaria pills and bug nets? or a toured stroll through London?
The truth of the matter is, I have no FREAKING CLUE! That's probably half the fun.
We'll wander around with our heads cut off, and somewhere in the midst of it, we'll discover a passion for Buddha or yoga or peanut butter sandwiches and I guess we'll just go with it! I trust Rodolfo and myself enough to go with the flow. Whatever seems right will be right.

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...