3.22.2010

Memories of the seashore

That's the name of my favorite piece of all the music I've played on marimba.  The reason I wanted to play music...
But I didn't know why.

Standing with my feet in the sand.
Watching the waves flow in and out from the darkness.

Listening to the soft whisper of the water, like a women humming her child to sleep.

Feeling the sand under my toes disapear as the water slowly moves over them with a sigh...I disapear grain by grain.

There's no fighting anymore for the ocean.  It's tired.  It wants rest.

Shhhhhhhh.............
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Shhhhhuuuuuu..

The moan of the ocean crying out to the world in sadness and salty tears of all the things it has seen and heard and can't forget.
          With every sense it surrounds you, envelopes you, and whispers late at night... You are not alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, your exploits are really neat. I worry about your eating all the street food but hey your still kicking so it must be Ok so far. Take care of yourselves, love you Dad.

Unknown said...

Hey just a quick word more about life back here. WCHA has come and gone. Your uncles and Grand father watched. NCAA Basketball is down to the final four. Weather here is cold at night right around 30-40 degrees F but tonight is exceptionally warm about 63. All the snow is gone.. Crocus have sprouted and bloomed fast. Have a great time will really like seeing you again soon.. Dad

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...