3.09.2010

Dagang?



When we were in Terengganu, we had rumor of a special local dish consisting of rice soaked in coconut milk, and a special fish curry.
We searched high and low for two days, and in the middle of a local fair, I came across a lovely grandma type women selling "something" at her little table stand, so I stopped and stared for a moment, and heard her say the magic words...DAGANG!
"Dagang?" I asked?
"DAGANG!" Was the very stern and slightly annoyed response. What else would it be silly tourist!
"How much?" (holding my fingers up, 1? 2? 3?)
Two finger held up in front of me...and then the adorable paper package, and plastic bag of curry were handed to me.
There was of course a moment of "SARAH! How are we going to eat this on the street?" But Sarah soon found a table worthy of our purchase, (probably meant for the street sellers...everyone else seems to take their food home with them) but my goodness! What incredible food!!! For .60 cents, it's hard to beat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...