9.18.2011

flying solo

When R man and I first started dating a friend of ours took me with to say goodbye to him at the airport when he flew home for Christmas.  I was crying in hysterics as if I would never see him again....I was flying to Chile to meet him in a WEEK!  His friend was totally befuddled and holding back tears of laughter at my hysterics....

"girl, you're going to see him in a week!  What the heck!  Chill out!"

I used to believe that once he was out of my sight, he was as good as dead until he came back, which when you love someone, thinking like this for extended periods of time leads to lack of sleep, lack of comprehensive thought - which then leads to losing things and acting really weird!

I've lost keys multiple times, my wallet, important paper work, my work badge and a tendency to forget to eat and shower....all signs of an insane person you might meet in a downtown public library...a hobo.

This is our first longerish term separation in oh...years and years...and I think thanks to having traveled so much now, I've improved greatly in my coping skills.  Sleep - check.  Eating - check.  Things are going well!

I'd forgotten all the awesome perks of living alone!  You eat, sleep, watch, listen to whatever you want, whenever you want without discussion!    No lamp on while sleeping!  I can eat melted cheese all I want!  Popcorn can be dinner!

  • There are of course little things I miss a lot...
  • I have to take out the trash this morning...buggar.
  • There's no one to make my coffee in the morning...not that I couldn't, I just don't if he's not here.  It's not as fun without him!
  • The salad spinner wouldn't spin...I couldn't push the button down...poops.
  • My phone suddenly wouldn't turn on and I had to think about it for an hour....hmm.
  • My computer popped up with an emergency blue screen of death and I had no idea what to do, but press the same button over and over again....
  • Last but not least....our fridge is packed, PACKED with food.  
WHO IS GOING TO EAT ALL THIS FOOD? 

So, yes, can't wait for the man's return.  Not because I think he's dead, but I need him to consume produce and fix my electronics!!

I had a friend tell me the thing she missed the most when her husband wasn't around was his ability to open peanut butter jars...at the time I was astonished..."that's it?!?"  Now...I totally get it.  
Things have definitely changed!  No emergencies here!

2 comments:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Awwww...and aren't you going to Minneapolis?

I love your new header! PS. I know it's probably old but I usually read blogs in Reader so I may be behind the times.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...