9.08.2011

mouse in the house

"Sarah, come quick!  Look at this!!!  Should I kill it?"

right around when I'm running towards the kitchen I see a small fluff ball moving towards the refrigerator...

A mouse?  We have a mouse?!?!?

So then we wait....
a while....yup!  It pops out again!

This time looking at us a little confused wandering around the floor....
Our first reaction to each other? 
A mix of yelling 2 things simultaneously:
1) KILL IT!  KILL IT! 
2) Awww!!!  Look at its little head...with those little itty bitty eyes!

So, it runs under the oven.
Rodolfo grabs a stick and we decide that we'll simply get it out with the porch door open, it'll be free and all will be well, accept with it's cuteness and fastness, it easily outmaneuvered us and made its way to the bedroom.

So.  We have a mouse.   A cute one.  Freaking adorable sharing our bedroom with us...somewhere...
R man I think wants to adopt it into the family as another house pet.
I'm concerned about our electronic wiring and don't really want something trying to eat my stuff.

What do people do in these scenarios?!?
I'm so stumped!





2 comments:

Candace said...

Get this!

Before we had cats we had mice and those traps work really well. Just make sure you let the mouse go somewhere pretty far away.

Sarah said...

Thanks guys! I was making dinner last night and when I went to the sink and looked down....there it was! paws in the air!! Rodolfo poured water over it to make sure it was kaputz....wow. I'm still setting traps just in case!!!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...