8.15.2010

Diving!

Rodolfo's first great big step into diving!
We had an incredible day diving in the Red Sea with our friend Marjin guiding us along the corals and showing us some incredible fish!!!

We both got to dive twice.  Once in the morning and once in the afternoon, which was great, since the first dive I spent most of the time trying to remember to breathe!  Marjin had to carry me around under water because I was too afraid to move!  That first step into the water from the boat with 100 pounds of diving gear on was definitely the most terrifying, but also the most exhilarating....kind of like Bungee Jumping, but heavier.   You have to trust that everything will work!  I was lucky our friend was there for us every step of the way!  

The experience under the water was just like a National Geographic special!  Giant rainbow colored parrot fish, beautiful little Nemo fish, a gigantic 10 foot long Morel Eel and the most beautiful corals that I've ever seen in my life going on and on forever!  Plus, 100's more fish that I don't know the names of and can't quite explain in words.  It was such a special experience that I will never forget or watch a PBS special the same way!

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...