8.22.2010

Thinking

When you don't have a job and you're traveling, you have a lot
more time, which sometimes gets filled with things like transportation,
budget, finding food and lodging.. Maybe that's 80% of my life now...
Sometimes there is solitaire: 10% and sometimes there is just staring
into the abyss contemplating things like aliens...why stop signs are
red... why people wear pants...why coffee tastes oh so good. Ok.
Maybe that is more than 10%
This time is when it gets weird. Usually there are so many
thoughts, so many weird moments that just flash by, it is impossible
to remember them all and also impossible even to describe, so I
generally don't mention them...perhaps this is a good thing?

The guy who walked by and started squawking at me like a duck.
The lady on the bus who held my hand for balance.
The awkward silly signs I don't understand.
The russian nannies on the tube laughing hilariously while a little girl poops.
The way British people say words like: fabulous, brilliant, fantastic!

These little moments though, they all add up and make me wonder if I'm
going a little bit crazy. Perhaps this is why people have jobs?
Hmmmm...
I'll have to think about that!

1 comment:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I am sooooo with you on this! And we oftentimes think "I should google that!" only to forget what we were going to google once we get somewhere with a computer. Hope you are having fun in Norway!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...