12.12.2010

Change

As you can see, I've given the blog a new "look", like a hair cut!  Just a little off the top, bottom, sides, kind of like what I need to do with myself...


 - Learning the spanish!  It has become almost painfully clear that I do not speak spanish and I must LEARN!  AHORA!  (NOW!)  Unlike the rest of our trips skipping along to different countries and languages where saying "Thankyou" and "Hello" is good enough, most of my day in Santiago is spent at a mesa (table) with familia y amigos (family and friends) eating and talking....TALKING....which at the moment is more listening, drinking el vino and zoning out, which makes communication and sharing my witty and thoughtful (inappropriate and probably dirty) remarks a bit non existent.  I'm looking into intensive language classes in Santiago, starting inmediatamente!


 - Exercising.  The part I love the most about being in Chile is LA COMIDA!!!!  I love to eat everything and anything here!  It's so exciting to try new foods and flavors and it all tastes so good!  So many fresh fruit and veggies are in the ripest season for eating...mmmm....but it also makes it a struggle not to eat all of them at once.  I MUST find a way to exercise regularly or pay the consequences!


 - Una nueva vida.  (A new life)  I need to learn how to live in Chile.  How to get around.  How to find my way home.  At this point, my ability to take care of myself is at the same level as Simoncito (see below).  My hope is that I will find my rhythm here; cook, walk, talk and get around like a Chilean...una Chilena.  This is our 5 month test run to see if Santiago is our permanent future home.  It's very simple, if I can't learn the basics, we probably won't be able to live here.  For me, this isn't just a holiday, it's a final exam.  The test begins now!

Who will learn Spanish first?

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...