7.10.2011

85 resumes

I've been job hunting and when you job hunt you start to feel a little bit not so special....unqualified, uneducated, unemployable!  This has been going on for weeks now...

Just last week, I got a few interviews with different places....one was at a French style bakery in town, the manager posted her ad for 24 hours online and received 85 resumes, of those 85, she chose 15 to interview...of those 15, there were only 3 part time positions available...

Of those 85 resumes...she chose me to interview...I had a 1 in 5 chance of getting work.
Apparently I still have what it takes to impress because I now have a job!
ROCK!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Sarah!! That's so awesome!!! Is it the place you mentioned? Because if so, their chocolate croissants used to be the only thing that could get us out of bed on a Saturday morning. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Them it is! I'm very happy!!! They may even let me work in the back and let me learn how they make magic!

elizabeth said...

congratulations, sarah! i can't wait to hear your reports from the bakery.

i wonder if it is the same one i'm thinking of; like candace, i felt their chocolate croissants were reason enough to get out of bed. in any case, i'm happy to hear you're done sending out resumes for a while, and that you'll get to grow as a baker (and come home smelling scrumptious)!

twovols said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ooo, a French style bakery? Now I am curious which one! I am a total Francophile, so that sounds like a great gig!

Congrats on getting the job. it is a tough market out there!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...