1.09.2011

oh yeah...life in Chile!

So...lots of stuff has happened and I've gotten a bit behind on my happenings here in Chile!

We've been running around so much visiting good friends old and new and family old and new, I've been a non stop social butterfly!  Rodolfo and I are both concerned over the current state of our livers...but that is another matter!

Here's a mild version of the current state of affairs and photos!

December 25th, 2010 - Christmas!


Upper left: I made a Chilena version of sugar cookies!
Upper center: We ate fillet mignon with wine sauce (which I managed to drop on my lap)
Rodolfo got pooped on by Simon...it happens!
Upper right: Both Rodolfo and I had to change clothes.
Lower center: Simon received a beautiful Christmas present from Minnesota!  
(who doesn't love a baby monkey quilt?!?   - Created by Ruth DeVore - my mom)

After Christmas, we were fortunate to spend time with old friends from Madison!


upper photos:
We brought the New Year in staying with our old and dear friend Rodrigo who now lives near Vina del Mar.
Luckily, our friends Pilar and Juan were also in the neighborhood for New Years Eve and we met them for lunch at a restaurant called La Gatita and danced in the New Year with them as well!

lower photos:
Just this past week, Ashley and Yann came to visit us here in Santiago and we spent two days showing them around the city sharing our favorite Chilean foods!  Empanadas at El Rapido, fresh Chilimoya juice in the market place, espressos in the Bella Vista neighborhood and more things I can't pronounce in wonderful places I can't remember the names of, but absolutely enjoyed!  It was a great day!

So, those are my most recent photos!  Not very well edited, but you get the gist, right?
This week Rodolfo is back to work and I'm off to visit my Chilena Abuela with Simon and Lorena in Los Angeles Chile sin (without) Rodolfo!

Us ladies + baby catch a bus tomorrow morning for a 5-6 hour ride towards an extremely hot (in temperature) city for a week of Simon introductions to the extended family.  Without Rodolfo I'll be forced to speak more spanish which should make for an interesting week!  Not to mention no internet or cable and lots of new Chilean family faces!  This could be the exact experience needed to push my tongue into speaking more spanish!  AHH!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom's comment on the Monkey Quilt, (typing it out for her as she sits and knits) by my side while typing.

"Peekaboo Monkeys was select by Sarasita, from a book called Quilting for baby. The quilt was designed by Connie Kauffman, there has been discussion in american quilt sites that photographs of quilts in blogs can be a violation of copyright. At least I can set the record straight um, that I made an adorable quilt for a wonderful little boy. But I did not design it, it came from the book by House of White Birches, Publisher. Ruth

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...