1.24.2011

Concepcion + family + wedding = LOCO!

What a weekend!

We spent the weekend with family in Conception/Tome for his cousin Sole's wedding!  Rodolfo's family are some of the warmest, happiest, funniest people...I love it!  I may not get the jokes, but the sound of gut wrenching laughter is never very far away hanging out with these guys and it always makes me smile!
Tio Nano, Tia Marcia (mother of the bride), Tio Juan Gernan, Mamacita
(Tia Gloria not in photo)



Rodolfo, Martin, Pipe, Sebastian, Jimmy    (SOME of the cousins)

Rodolfo has 14 cousins, 15 in total on his moms side!  That's a lot of names for an Abuela to remember!
I love all of them!


The beautiful newly weds making their matrimonial toast.
A wedding Chilean style is the best kind of party EVER!

The most delicious food, amazing drinks, there is even a special soup served at oh...3am as a snack!  Everyone is dancing and happy having a wonderful time!  Chilean weddings are awesome!

It's a big family and for events like weddings, you don't get bored!  There is always something happening, something to eat, something to drink and someone to talk to.  It's a wonderful feeling!

our walk along the shore of Tome
Before and after the main event, we spent the weekend staying with Rodolfo's Uncle Tio Nano in Tome (a small city 30 minutes drive from Concepcion).  The streets along the Tome ocean front are lined with seafood restaurants and people selling giant crabs and mussels out of baskets along the sidewalks.  The smell of freshly baked bread walking thru downtown Tome is intoxicating!






Pipe (pee-pay) and Vita (Italian for life)

Tio Nano's son Pipe found a stray sick puppy in the street a few weeks ago and is nursing it back to health...that's just the kind of people they are!  Puppy savers!

After dancing til 5am (even Abuela was up until 4am!), a lot of the family met up for a seafood/meat barbecue at Tio Nano's house the next day:


Good times had by all.  
Next wedding though... someone has to remind me that I'm not 16 anymore and trying to dance like a Brazilian at 4am...(not that I actually did) not such a good idea!  My legs are killing me, I feel like I got run over by a truck and somewhere in the mix, I got stepped on with a high heel.  But! I had a great time!  YAY for love, marriage, weddings and great big families that crack me up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Grill Looks Fun! :)

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...