5.30.2011

bread, bread, bread!

I'm on a roll!  (pun unintentionally intended)

After rye bread, I moved on to hot cross buns - which involve using potato water to raise the yeast and mashed potatoes to add fluffiness...these were good!  I added lemon zest in to the dough and lemon juice in the frosting....oh so good!















Yesterday, I made up some classic hot dog buns:






Last night, I attacked yet another sweet dough recipe!
This circle of love is called a Swedish Tea Ring!

Raw ring raising

Baked tea ring with almond sugar glaze (inside: walnuts, figs and cinnamon)

If I keep this up, I'm going to get fat!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

you weren't kidding about missing cooking! these breads look and sound so beautiful. i want to eat them all (that last one especially)!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...