3.30.2011

a history of travel hair

evidence of bad hair 2010-2011

I think these photos pretty much prove I have no sense of what to do with my head.
My automatic reaction when it gets "really" bad is to chop it off again....in my case, this literally means to the skin....rrrrrrrrr........buzzin it up!

Hair History 2010:
Tokyo Japan - Normal nice looking long hair
Bali Indonesia- Minor toe bleeding incident snorkeling caused by long hair in face, gets angry at hair
Bali Indonesia - Bzzzzzz....hair removed completely, leaving large hair pile outside of Balinese salon doorstep
Malaysia - Locals wonder "Is it a boy or a girl?!?"
Thailand and Laos - Still uncertainty on gender from long haired locals - "Perhaps she is ill?"
Africa - Gives up on hair completely, resolved to only wear hats for rest of life
USA - Begs mother to sew her cloth head bands to hide fact of weird hair
Chile - Grows a mullet to blend in, discovers she has a mullet, freaks out

Which brings us to today!

Here's the thing, I LOVE not having to deal with hair!  Especially when it's hot and there's no easy access to hot showers regularly with limited soap - like we even carried shampoo in Africa...ha!  With dust and dirt and sweat, hair is the last thing I wanted on my head.  Plus, while traveling, having bad hair is acceptable!  No one knows you long enough to complain about how weird you look and we're all out there looking to "find ourselves" anyway, right?  I'm finally coming to terms that I'm no longer a traveling lady and I'm starting to accept the fact, I look pretty weird without hair, it's best to leave it be and perhaps try something new!

Like HAVING hair!
People!  I'm growing it out!
(parents, friends and loved ones cheer!  YAY!!  WAHOO!!  YIPPEE!!!!)

In honor of growing it out, I cut it.....with a swiss army knife scissors....in my bathroom.....I know.....
But guys, Chilean style hair is not my thing....the whole point of getting a hair cut at a salon for me is for the mullet to be removed, not accentuate it!!!!  Mullets.....ewww...

me at this very moment, typing away...mouth agape at my incredible hair cutting skillz....wow....
See!  Improvement, right?!?  (Psst!  Say yes!)

Who knows!  Perhaps some day my hair will come full circle and I'll be doing THIS AGAIN!

thanks mom for this...how I miss giant puffy turquoise head bands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me gusta mucho el pelo largo Saruta
besos

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...