3.27.2011

Talk. Eat. Buy!

El congresso
We just got back from four days in beautiful, boisterous, decaying in all the right ways Buenos Aires.

Of course we ate it, shopped it, walked it and spent unforgettable days talking, laughing and all the previously mentioned activities with one of my closest lady friends Susanna!  YAY!  Great times...great, great, great! (except the public bus transportation, but that's another blog)


We had three main goals for our four days of Buenos Aires bliss and all were achieved more or less.

TALK.  EAT.  BUY!

Friend time.  Food time.  Fun time!

Talk:

We got to spend time with my wonderful college friend and roommate Susanna, who moved down to Buenos Aires five years ago and has somehow managed to learn how to blend into the crowd!  Talking, dressing, getting around like an Argentinian...pretty darn impressive and extremely inspiring for me!  It was great to laugh and catch up on each others lives!  There is nothing like spending time with an old friend, it's like time has never gone by!  Everything in the world seems better after a belly laugh with a good friend!

Eat:
So, one of our main objectives in heading to B.A. was to eat!  Lots of foods can be found in B.A. that just doesn't hit the spot in Santiago...I love you Santiago and all your fresh fruit and veg....but when it comes to pasta, pizza, ice cream and coffee?  B.A. all the way!



Coffee!  Good god how I missed you!  You're lovely! Nothing like a cafe con leche in a Buenos Aires cafe with tres media lunas - (half moons - croissants) to munch on....just loveliness!  They always serve your coffee with a little cup of fizzy water and sometimes a cup of juice as well!  Maybe even a little cookie!  I love it!







pasta + cream + cheese = big bellies
Pasta!  Where you order the type you want (there's 20) and the sauce you want (there's 20) from different lists and combine them for the perfect experience...is this serious pasta eating or what?!?

Milanesa!  A purely Argentinian feat of breaded thin cut meat topped with love...for me: a large chunky slice of blue cheese, ham, pickled red pepper, and under all of that, melted mozzerella...mmm....






Asado!  We were invited for lunch to Rodolfo's cousins home for an Argentinian style family barbecue that lasts for delicious hours and hours...I won't go into details, cuz it's mean (it was that good) but did we ever eat  some MEAT!


la familia




Vino!  Argentinian Malbec.  Delicious in every sip.  Drunk slowly with friends while listening to a true Argentian sing true Argentinian tango in an Argentinian hole in the wall bar with guitar accompanist.... locals belting along at 2am with tears in their eyes.  Unforgettable.  Can you get more Buenos Aires?!?!?







Oh!  And the helado!!!  (ice cream)  Dulce de leche and chocolate ice cream before bed time after walking all day...love, love, love!


3 old chums in La Boca


BUY!

Rodolfo had one purchasing goal in mind for me in Buenos Aires.  He wanted me to buy some real legit Argentian made leather boots...I wasn't against this, but my feet were.  I have big feet.  9.5 USA/42 Argentinian.  Argentinian ladies have smallish dainty lady feet.  I don't.  As much as I love foot wear, it's best I stick to the mid west to purchase them....boo...days searching for nonexistent boots can be fun, but also slightly depressing with all of that delicious leather footwear surrounding you with no foot to put it on.  Now I know how all of those non-cinderella chicks felt - the ones who couldn't fit into that ridiculously small shoe.  Pauvracita's!

So instead, to spite Argentina's lack of love for my feet, I splurged and pitied myself in the duty free at midnight in between passport stamps and purchased my first ever big girl bottle of  eau de toilette!!!!

Argentinian made with a soft hint of orange, a hint of sweetness, but not at all floral
yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy...
my ending thoughts to my unforgettable days in Buenos Aires as I sniff my arm yet again....
mmmmmm.........

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...