3.17.2011

what are the chances?

So what happened yesterday?

I got pummeled in the head by a pigeon.
Fly by knock out punch, with some additional confused wing action.
Wham, bam, continued flying, thank you mam...

First his friend gave me the brush in the face with a wing and when I turned to see what was going on....
PIGEON.  In.  the.  face!
WHACK!
I didn't think this was possible!  I thought pigeons were somehow designed to defy disasters and death at unusual means....that there was some kind of inner radar they followed...like cats falling on their feet....

This could explain why so many pigeons are missing appendages/feet/wings and generally look stressed here in Chile..perhaps not enough healthy grains in the diet...
That, or he considered me threatening?  That's her!  Take her down!!!!
Kamakazi pigeon with no will to live?

Here's the next part, at the time of this pigeon attack, I was at a metro station at rush hour, right in front of a row of bars with about 100 local Santiago after work businessmen having beers....what do you do exactly after a head on collision with a wild bird?!?  Start screaming profanities at a...pigeon?  Smile and laugh?

Weird.
Bird.  Straight.  In.  The.  Face.
I am so confused.

1 comment:

twovols said...

You might not find this funny, but this reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld. I am not sure if you are a Seinfeld fan like my self, but I am not saying anything else. We miss you guys!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...