3.19.2011

orange jello

So, I'd love to blame my bad attitude on the full moon, but yesterday I woke up with a stuffy nose from a cold, blood shot itchy eyes from pollution and a bad attitude about all of it....

A nice person would have this moment of green mucus, pussy, angry irritation, have a coffee and get over it...I however, decided on the worst pre coffee choice possible and decided to throw some cranky ranting at my lovely, sleepy pre coffee husband....

you know that phrase for couples, "don't go to bed angry?"  Well, for us it's, "don't talk before coffee"

Bad idea.
Baaaaaaaaaad idea.
Never again.

After many, many, many hours of, "grr...roar", "grr" "snap!" "ROAR!!!!" Rodolfo took me to visit his work where we got to eat in the cafeteria!  I haven't had cafeteria food in SO LONG!  What was it that finally snapped our bad mood into a good one?

ORANGE JELLO!

I had no idea how happy that could make me!  Everything about it is awesome!
(don't think about what's in it, just how cool it is as a substance!)
The texture, the color, how you have to bite/chew/swallow all at once...like a bichallow!
Even the smell is unique!

I haven't thought to make or buy Jello in oh, about ...never, but now?  kind of loving it!
Anyone from the midwest/or anyone who may have gone to a wedding/funeral in the midwest remember jello marshmellow fruit salad??!?!?  (Once again proving how we (proud midwestern..perhaps Minnesotan women) can take a label like "salad" and create the most unhealthy bowl of love ever!)

Ah memories.....

So it just shows you, you never know when a bad day could become a great day, with a gooey-bouncy-see thru - edible - square of love!

1 comment:

lydia said...

HAHAHAH I have never come to terms with it before, but that jello marshmallow fruit salad junk is EXACTLY what is served at every midwestern funeral! Im probably going to associate it with church basement from now on

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...