1.18.2016

24 hours in the air

16 hours From New York to Tokyo. 
8 hours Tokyo to Bangkok Thailand. 
I don't know weather to be awake or asleep where and when. It's been the question on my mind for last 48 hours. 

Some of the highlights of the flight on Ana Airlines included little mini teensy bottles of soy sauce, that I could re screw the cap back on to and of course getting to eat Japanese food....like locals do. 
Salmon and rice with a smoked salmon salad on the side and steamed veggies that I didn't know the names of, but one was white with big holes in it and had the perfect almost crunchy texture. 

So now it's jet lag time!
The first flight I couldn't sleep at all. 
The second I was only awake for the last hour and passed out sitting up right the moment I sat down. 
Now it's 7am local time and I'm wide awake with a slight headache and a little confusion as to how it's even possible R man can still sleep. It's definitely going to take a couple of days to figure out when I'm supposed to be conscious.  It didn't help that our flight arrived around 2am at night.  

Today is our single day spent in Thailand in a city called Pattaya a couple hours south of Bangkok, with a close friend of ours who is a Buddhist monk here that we met 10 years ago in Madison WI.  He's arranged everything. Rented a car, picked us up from Bangkok, put us up in a friends hotel down the street and now we will spend the day seeing sights, catching up and eating delicious food. Last night when we arrived our friend took us to the secret local basement food court in the blackest farthest corner of the Bangkok airport where a bowl of delicious flat noodles, pork, and squares of fried tofu cost  50 baht. ($1.50). Today the plan is seafood by the ocean.  I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for the update. Mom

Cindy said...

Glad you arrived safely!! Good luck with the jet lag! :)

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...