1.29.2016

Hoi An alleyways

Well, I'm back on my feet with my fever gone at last. I'll spend two more days in Hoi An though to make certain I'm fully recuperated.

Hoi An is super touristy in all the best ways, lots of clothes and shoes to buy, quiet streets to walk, old buildings and museums to look at.

So even though it's touristy, it's also charming and fits under the description of: it's touristy because there is something people want to experience and see here unlike anywhere else.

 

But I've been wondering, where do the locals live amongst the hotels and restaurants?  I found out this morning!

Alleyways!  A whole system of back alleyways just big enough to walk or bike thru which run thru the entire city. Local stores, restaurants, day cares, and just people living there lives washing dishes and sitting reading the newspaper.

Some of them are dead ends, which you don't know til you're stuck and have to turn around with surprised looks from on looking older women, but that's fun too. My plan today is to walk as many as I can and enjoy the quiet surrounded by brick walls, houses and people being people.

Speaking of local, I attached a pic of a sign up where I had breakfast.  Soccer fans are everywhere.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

First of all, glad you are feeling better! And secondly... DANG THAT IS THE CLEANEST ALLEY EVER! Wow! :)

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...