1.15.2016

Giving up control of the day to day

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is make a list.  It helps me to organize my day and figure out what the heck it is I need to focus on, rather than feel overwhelmed with everything all at once and freak out.  

I keep a list notebook.  This notebook is filled with list upon list upon list with no beginning or end...no time sequence, just scribbles of words with lines thru them and sometimes big circles, lots of questions marks and COURSE!  EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!, interspersed with recipes from the Internet, websites, phone numbers, window measurements, names of museums and lots of the same words over and over again: bank, library, laundry, clean bathroom, sweep floors, go for bike ride and exercise.  Everything but exercise usually has a line drawn thru it by noon.  




My usual list is about to become temporarily obsolete.  No more library.  No more grocery store.  No more laundromat.  LOTS of exercise!  I won't have a list because I won't be able to predetermine what/where/how my day will be like.  I'm definitely feeling a little sentimental about saying a temporary goodbye to that normalcy and control!  

The list I wrote out today is suprisingly much in the present.  Call/email/contact friends I won't see for a while.  Enjoy time alone and also savor every second with my life buddy R man and time with friends/family.   I'm not really the type of person who likes or enjoys the unexpected, surprises, random events occurring, so to sign up for a solo trip alone where every day is guaranteed a surprise...well, it's good I'll be alone for it, becuase if I get cranky, it's only going to be me suffering thru my own case of the grumps!  Maybe, just maybe, I'll discover I even enjoy spontenaety! Maybe when I get back, they'll be new words on my lists...."go for an adventure", "eat lunch somewhere new", I guarantee exercise still won't be crossed off.

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...