1.30.2016

If a tree falls.....

So I'm just going to get this pity party out of the way now....part of the challenge of my confidence building exercise 2016 here is being here and doing things on my own. I'm already getting sentimental and weird in moments where I should just be like.....ahhhh....yes indeed life is good!

Every time I see something cool, I wish I had someone there who I could share it with....and sitting here sipping cold water by the beach I realized two things..

1. I'm not a beach person, and for those of you with limited beach experience, here's the thing...to have a good beach experience, you need...
- a tiki hut/shade
- a cooler of cold things to drink
- snacks
- a good book
- the ability to chill out easily
- to have skin that's not delicious to sand flies
- not mind jelly fish

Yes indeed it's beautiful and sunny and warm, but if we could just combine that with a little cloudy cold front here and there, perfection. Of course my next town is Nha Trang followed by Mui Ne. Two beach towns. Here we go!

The second thing...
I guess this blog can be my company when I'm alone...really let's face it, if r man were here, he'd be bored as hell and wouldn't be at the beach in the first place, instead, hunting down caves or crabs or a cool sinking boat off shore.

I do need to work on first words....the cold open....the hard sell...the "hello, my name is....I'm a desperate lonely almost middle aged women on a crazy escapade...mind if I join you?  Ok....I'll work on it!  Needs some tweeking I think.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Break out of your shell and make that first approach! Don't worry about seeming like a creeper... If people don't wanna chat, just move on and you'll never see them again! It's not like striking up a convo with someone at a regular hangout and if they snub you then you have to see them again, right? Good luck!!!

uwcooper said...

I hear you on the beach stuff - although give me some shade and I'm usually pretty good (lol). Make each day a new adventure for YOU :) Even if you just strike up a conversation with a street vendor...the next one could be with a new lifelong friend. Hugs!!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...