2.16.2016

Phnom Penh

I've spent the last couple days in Cambodia - Phnom Penh - after one night in Saigon. Saigon is what the locals call it, not Ho Chi Minh City. Now I wait for a bus to the southern coast where I'll share a bungalow with a new friend on the river front a half miles walk to the ocean for two days. 

Google search Otres Beach to see where I'll be. 

Yesterday she and I walked the city and wandered thru the National museum which was filled with spiritual Hindu/Buddhist artifacts. The hard part was understanding the details and history on a basic level without any previous experience with the history/symbols/meaning. Instead, with a head cold on medication, I sort of wandered about and thought.....hmm....pretty....carved wood....man with 8 hands. ...I may be a lost cause when I get to Siem Reap. I don't take amazing photos...I'm not religious, so when it comes to feeling something bigger....the only way that happens walking around something old and unique is the history of the thing itself....I need a story. 




In Yogyakarta, Prambanan was built when a prince who was one religion married a princess who was another, so he built a temple in her honor that held both symbols of both religions, symbolizing their love together. See!  Story!  Fun!

So here's to hoping I don't get Wat'd out!  

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...