2.16.2016

Otres Beach

I wandered for hours this morning up and down the beach in order to find a working ATM. Yes....the big stress in my life is taking out money.  Just as long as it doesn't run out, life is a dream!  But after two hours and one ATM not working, I got a little pissy, but I did eventually find one!

So after that fun I was starving and stopped on the side of the road for food. I was sitting in a little...well....let's not call it a restaurant. There was a menu, but it was card tables and folding chairs along the edge of shelves filled with instant coffee packets, boxes of cigarettes and cans of Pringles, all kind of strewn about in no certain order with no working lights....so if you wanted to shop, you'd be doing it in slight darkness when farther from the wall-less edges of the open room.  

Everyone sipped out of coconuts a foot across. I asked the Gandolf looking older hippy biker man how much it was.....60 cents....ok!

So as I sat and enjoyed my 3 full cups of coconut water I had a chance to think about where I was. 
Motor bikes
Old hippies
Young kids wearing bohemian bright colored pirate clothes and over stretched tank tops falling off of them. Most of the dudes are so thin their pirate shorts fall down lower than comfortable. Everyone is tan and hairy and dirty. 
Red dirt road with the occasional large truck flying by. 
Everyone that came in left with huge bags or boxes of cigarettes. 
And I felt a sense of Deja vu....where had I seen this before?

Oh yeah!  Mad Max!  So there you go.  Accept that this is a little mini paradise where water and beer and coconuts are plentiful and I'm about to go down to the beach and enjoy a juicy burger, fries, salad and beer for $4 while watching the sun set along the water. So it's more like Mad Max meets the suburbs!


No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...