2.05.2016

Da Lat Botanical Garden


The funny thing about paid gardens in Asia......it's not so much about the different types of flowers, it's about how the flowers decorate the giant ceramic statues of Snow White and the seven dwarves.....or a woman loading a canoe with watermelons....or a creepy version of Mickey Mouse.  I didn't take pictures of those things, but I had to take these.  Please take special care in noticing the giant banana leaf square of sticky rice shown above next to the watermelon. These must be special foods for this region. 
The pony let me pet his ears. 
This photo is the perfect example of how Da Lat wants to appear to be kind of a little Switzerland.....but if Switzerland was in Disney Land. 

I think I ended up having more fun at the jumbo Costco like grocery store at the local mall after than I did at the garden....but if you know me, this won't surprise you at all. I bought jackfruit chips!!! It's also hard to enjoy an outdoor park in mid day sun without shade from trees. It was pretty, but made me miss and appreciate my beloved Brooklym Botanical Garden.  I promise BBG to visit more when I'm back!


No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...