6.18.2021

Sheepshead Bay start to the Summer

This is something I wrote a month back, but it made me smile so I'm sharing with you all now....


Like some people celebrate white pants and boat rides  There are certain magical signs in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn that the 2 weeks of leather jackets, apple blossoms are over and it is once again scorching hot - pee smells and cooking eggs on pavement  SUMMER!


 The annual putting in of the air conditioners happened today  

this is not just a task, it is an event.

Where's the screws?   They're in the cup where I keep the screws. No, I taped them on with the duct tape I used to fill the holes in from last year.

Call your dad to come over with the special tool.

Just let me do it.

Is Meeg outside watching to make sure it doeesn't fall on anyone? 
Why is it always so hot the day we do this?  When will we wise up and put them in 2 weeks prior to it being scorching hot outside?

Out a little more - no in, no more to the left!  Let me do it! You're not doing it right!

Why don't the screw holes line up?  Is it ok that only 2 of the 3 screws still work?

You're reusing the duct tape from last year?  Don't leave your old tape on my bookcase! 

Usually on the same day - there is the 
gathering of the beach supplies from the closets 

Umbrella's, chairs, coolers, bleach blankets.... 

there's multiples and variations of each, so of course, 

Cara pulls out all of her fluffy comfort supplies, 

I pull out all of my minimalist lightweight high tech supplies 

and we meet somewhere in the middle



LET THE GAMES BEGIN!









No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...