4.07.2011

Babel

or, otherwise known as, thoughts walking home from my Spanish exam!


Learning a language can be really hard!

Yo soy suck para hablar Espagnol.


When you really think about it, all of this language learning is just about obsolete anyways!

I'm pretty sure I failed.  If I didn't fail, I did really, really bad.  First time ever a student has moved from level 2 down to level 1.  I know it.  This will be my fate.  Crap.  Crap.  Crappers.


Language technology is growing so quickly!!!  First there was babelfish, now you have google translate!   Next thing you know, we'll all have instantaneous oral ear translators!  That or, English language domination?!?

Who are you looking at weird suit guy?  You think I can speak spanish don't you?!?  hmmm?  You think if you asked me where the minimart was, I'd have an answer for you....Well!  I don't!  But you don't need a mini mart anyway suit guy....those candybars??  Waaaay over priced.  You need to get yourself a lunch box!  Seriously!  Then you wouldn't have to ask a stranger for directions, would you?  Stupid stinky language test...stupid...ugh.  Crap.  Crap.  Crap.  Crap.


Pretty soon it will be like Star Trek!  Or the United Nations!  Everyone walking around with portable ear translation devices with instant culturally correct translations!  "How is your day?"  "My brother's second wife is taken with child on the fourth full moon of the year, so very well!"  and tada!

Oh poop.  R man is going to kill me.  Two months of classes and what....failure.....poop. poop. poop.


Perhaps if we all stopped learning languages, that would put more pressure on instant translation technology!  We just stop learning all together and another solution will present itself!

I wonder how many languages I know how to say poop in....hmm....merde...or is it mierde?


I say we build another tower!  Babel it up and perhaps the higher powers will change their minds and put things back the way they were before they got all pissed off and intimidated by us!

Caca.  Kak.  Kinyesi


Uniting all people's from all Nation's together into one.  One singular international language!

Akterdekk...ok, that one I looked up.

Yes!  I love it!  GREAT IDEA!!!!


Whoa....whoops!  Almost just kicked a pigeon!....Better stop thinking about how much I suck at Spanish or I might just step on one......


If we could all understand each other, there would be no more misunderstandings!  No more looks of "uh...huh?  whatta?  huh?"

Dirty, odd looking, giant rat bird!!  You think you can mess with me?!?  Hit me in the head and get away with it!?!?!  You goin' down rat bird!!!!  That's right!  I'm going to slowly run after you until your stubby legs get tired and then I'm going to step on you!  So ha!

...and walla.... World Peace!  Ergo, me not learning Spanish anymore will of course, over time, perhaps a few hundred more years..... right about when we lose our pinky's thru generations of non use....bring about world peace!

Ok.  People are beginning to stare....I suppose I should stop chasing this pigeon around before someone tries to talk and/or yell at me in words I don't know........


....how do you explain to a Paco (Chilean cop) you're seeking revenge on a pigeon who once pummeled you in the head?  caca....all right.  fine.  I'll keep studying Spanish...grrrr.

No comments:

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...