4.11.2011

R man - Happy 33rd!!!!!!

I'm married to a really special guy and today happens to be his birthday!!!!!!!!



I've realized this specialness for oh so many reasons, but especially when I'm talking to my parents or friends on skype and after a polite amount of time they ask, "so...Sarah...uh....where's Rodolfo?"  Ok, ok, I get it!  The dude has charm.  His teeth sparkle.  He has Ninja socks and a Balinese Batik shirt for very special occasions...the kid is cool!



So.  Here's my top 10 reasons why R man rocks my socks off....
(you see, you can do these kinds of embarrassing things when you're married to someone!  You want a good reason to get hitched?  There it is!  Hwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!)


1. R man HAIR.  R man has big fluffy, curly, beautiful hair (which I will never have and am uber jealous of), he could have flash dance hair if he were a girl in the 80's!  I will honestly miss it a lot when he cuts it off, particularly because it's soft and smells yummy!  (plus, as proven at Lollapalooza, it makes him quite easy to spot in a crowd)  He now compares himself to a Peruvian bamboo flute player on the street corner performing "El Condor Pasa" for the upteenth time....but really, that just makes him COOLER!  Now, how many people can say THAT about themselves?

2.  Folding Fool R man.  The man can fold!  R man is obsessed with the correct way to make a bed.  Perfect folds, even lengths...he says he doesn't sleep well if the sheets aren't smooth.  He likes to arrange the pillows like they do in hotels, with a slight crease of blanket under each pillow so they poof just so, that is, after he throws the pillow in my face multiple times while laughing hysterically....  I NEVER made my bed before I met him....he has me just about house trained.

3.  Chilled out R man.   He is extremely fluid-openminded-easy going.  If plans change, he's ok.  Something goes wrong?  No problem.  Weird food we've never tried?  Why not!  Want to party like it's 1999?  He's your guy.  The only thing he's picky about is what music he listens to while he's driving and the smell of fried food where he sleeps, but if you feel like learning how to dive, reading a novel, jumping off a cliff, taking a road trip or sitting around watching t.v....rock!



4.  R man Styl'.  R man is a big fan of the Calvin Klein Outlet...smart dresser....he likes to buy nice clothes at affordable prices that last a long time and look good while also feeling comfortable.  In other words...he's got the swank.   He's swank-a-licious.  He's one of those people who manage to wear an "outfit" and make it snap.  Too bad the same can't be said for me....I dress horribly, I admit it.  Last week, I looked down walking to school and I was LITERALLY wearing every primary color along with black and white...thorough...hellooooo rainbow bright!  Perhaps this is why so many people don't believe we are married when they first meet us?  hmmmm.....



5. R MAC MAN.  He's a techy electronic computer super dork and proud of it.  I have to admit that this makes R man cool, particularly because he knows how to work every "I-thing" he owns to its max.  He can play a song at someone else's party with his I-phone, or!  He can play a song from his I-phone using his mac.  Can you do that?  I can't!  Mystified.   Plus....he's managed to take apart and repair his I-phone and it still works!

driving on the "other side" in S.A.
6. Manual R man .  He can pretty much drive anything, anywhere, safely.  This past year, it's been proven.  Left side of the road.  Manual geared motorcycle with buckets of water thrown at us.  Stick shift car up the side of a mountain from a stop light with a car on his bumper (he actually has TWO techniques for that)  Rush hour traffic in Santiago.  The man is a driving fiend!  No mountain too high or pothole too deep.




7.   R man smile.  Ok.  Look at this smile!  Loveliness.  He could charm a pelican into landing on his pinky finger and regurgitating fish into his open mouth mistaking him for a baby fledgling pelican, because he's just that darn cute.



8.  R man 1,2,3's.  The guy can add, subtract, multiply and divide very big/small/fractal/imaginary numbers in his head JUST by looking up at the sky....not really sure where the answers come from up there, but perhaps it's like pin ball?  He looks up and the ball shoots to the back of his head via gravity, where apparently the answer is waiting and shoots back to the front in micro seconds....pretty cool stuff!



9.  R man memory.  The drawback of this super skill for me is that he has the ability to recall every single fight/conversation/debate we've ever had, but he generally doesn't use this skill against me, which is nice of him, but it's not very fun when you just want to have a good brawl for no reason.  He can memorize maps and guide books and he's really good with names!  Pretty handy on the road I have to say!  He's like a GPS, Wikipedia, phone book and google search all rolled into one!  The man must be hooked up to a backup drive, because I don't see how so much information can fit in one little fluffy haired head.



10.  What makes R man particularly the coolest person in the world for me?  For some reason, he thinks I'm pretty neat too.  Can't beat that.



I'm smitten.  Happy Birthday R man.

6 comments:

Lorena said...

Linda..... es el hombre para usted!!!!

Pagina de LI said...

cierto???

Pagina de LI said...

un gran hombre criado pro mamacita para una gran mujer

Nacho said...

Sarah you are soooo sweet! I love all this beauty an funny description of R. You guys are very special...the perfect combination like a mathematical formula!

LadyPau said...

You are such a sweetheart! And so is the birthday boy! Sending you my love from the scandinavian lands! Have a great time tonight! (Hope you managed to call everyone this morning to organize tonight's party! LOL)

Unknown said...

AAA! HE IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE FIND HIS EQUAL MAD PARTNER IN CRIME! WISH YOU THE BEST MARMOTA! UN ABRAZO PARA LOS DOS!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...