9.26.2010

Home. Part two.

It's a lazy Sunday morning here in Madrid Spain.

We spent the morning sipping coffees while I worked on my crepe
technique (thanks P.T.) which we ate with JAMON pate and roasted red
peppers.

Now we are laying around in our pajamas reading the New York Times
online and catching up on our Internet fixes...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This
is life!

So I have to admit, Mission accomplished! This is what I call home!
Two weeks of having a kitchen and the same set of sheets every night
has been incredible! We got to eat leftovers a few times! I got to
make spaghetti! I even ran out to the store to buy things like milk
and lettuce! Can you believe it!?! Talk about exciting!


I know which buttons flush the toilet, how to get hot water in the
shower, where the light switches are; I have even mastered which keys
open which apartment doors! (these things may sound pathetic, but
they tend to be the most quirky parts of travel because they change in
every country!)

I know how to take the metro and I don't feel lost anymore walking
thru the streets of Madrid! We even know where to buy a small glass
of beer and a bocadilla (ham sandwich) for 2€!
What I'm surprised at is that now that we've had this incredible time
of stability and comfort, I'm getting the itch again to hit the road!
I'm ready for more!!! What's with that?

We are thinking to also settle for a while in Chile, so I can work on my
Spanish and perhaps we will both find some jobs, a little apartment,
another little spot to call home for a while!

Before Chile however, we luckily get to experience the other
definition of home, family! Yay!! First a visit to Montreal to meet
our brand new nephew, then it's off to visit our dear friends on the
East coast that have become our family, and finally, some quality time
with my fam in Minnesota!!

Sometimes it is not until after an experience that you can really
apreciate it. Now that we've had some time to chill out and just be
somewhere steadily, I feel so happy for all the great places we've
been! I can't wait for more!

1 comment:

twovols said...

Sounds like you guys needed and received some R & R! Glad you had a good time and enjoy the rest of your travels!

Gratitude day 2

Penny cuddles  Working remotely and sleeping right up to 9am after a bad nights sleep A wife who reads instructions allowed while I throw IK...